Good afternoon, how are you all?
I love nail art but I have to admit I am awful at it.. so when I saw this technique in one of Kate (DollyBowBow)'s videos, I just had to give it a go.
Before I go on, I must apologize for how messy they are in the pictures! Far too messy to be uploading to the blogging scene amongst people who are so amazing at make up and nails.. but i was in a rush and unfortunately I'm not one of those people :(
Anyway, I shall go on and explain how to do them.
You will need:
10 x newspaper strips
Rubbing alcohol or a spirit, such as vodka
nail varnish remover
1. Firstly, you need to paint your nails in your chosen base colour. I would suggest going for white or a pale colour. I went for Revlon's Lilac Pastelle.
2. After ensuring the nails are completely dry, take one strip of newspaper and dip into the alcohol - Kate's video says to dip the nail in the alcohol instead, but this is the way I chose to do it. So either way is fine.
3. Press the alcohol soaked newspaper strip (or dry strip if you've dipped the nail in the alcohol) onto the nails and hold down. You can hold the strip down whatever length of time you require, depending on how clear you want the print to be. I held mine for about 20-30 seconds.
4. Repeat on each nail, then seal each nail with a top coat.
5. Once dry, use a cotton bud or Q-Tip, whatever you want to call them, and nail varnish remover to clean the ink and any spilt base colour from the rest of your finger and around the nail - which I obviously didn't do very well as you can see haha!
That's it, its as simple as that.
I love this nail art. It looks great but is such a simple technique!
Why not give it a go? I'm sure you could all do a much better job that me!
Kate's Video :