Friday 1 February 2013

The Liebster Award!


So I have been nominated for the Liebster Award!
I have seen a lot of these posts around and have now been fortunate enough to be nominated myself by Krystel Ice, so I am very grateful and thankyou to her!

For those of you who don't already know, The Liebster Award is for bloggers with less than 200 followers to share facts and information about themselves. A blogger will nominate other bloggers that they think deserve the recognition for their blog.

This is a great way for people to find out more about a blogger and get to see new blogs!

The Liebster Award Rules:

The nominee must link back to the blogger who nominated them.
The nominee must state 11 facts about themselves, and then answer the 11 question provided for them by the person who nominated them. They will then nominate bloggers with less than 200 followers who they think deserve the recognition and pose 11 questions for them to answer. They must then drop by all the blogs of the bloggers they have nominated and let them know they have been nominated.

11 Facts About Myself:

1. I have two Golden Retrievers called Fudge and Mojo.

2. The one place in the world I really want to visit is New York.

3. The teddy bear I got the day I was born still sleeps in my bed with me every night. I named him Teddy. How original.

4. Whenever I'm in the house, I'm in a onesie - they're so cosy!

5. I am actually very self-concious.

6. When I was 6, I lived in Gibraltar for a year.

7. I can't stand seeing a plug switched on when there's nothing plugged in - that annoys me for than anything!

8. I have small feet. I'm a size 3 but I tried on a pair of size 3 shoes the other day and they were too big!

9. I have absolutely no idea what I want to do in life which is slightly worrying!

10. Christmas is my favourite time of year without a doubt!

11. My biggest fear in life is ending up alone and never being able to have a family of my own.


The 11 Questions I Was Given:

1. What is your desert island essential?

Well a desert island would be a pretty boring place so I'm gonna say my iPhone because it would keep me the most entertained - I could read blogs on it, watch videos on it, play games etc..

2. Flats or Heels?

I wear heels occasionally if I'm dressing up for a party or going out but generally I would say I prefer to wear flats.

3. Favourite Beauty Brand?

My favourite brand I have ever used is probably Benefit or MAC but unfortunately I don't have the money to always use them :(

4. Coffee or Tea?

Neither! I don't like any hot drinks.

5. Describe your fashion style?

I wouldn't say I have a particular style. I just buy clothes I like and put outfits together out of them. So I would just some up my style as "Normal" or "Ordinary". Bit of a rubbish answer sorry!

6. Why did you start blogging?

I wanted to get experience in writing and I also wanted a hobby and something I could dedicate myself to doing. I wasn't sure if I would stick to it or be any good at it, but now I'm gaining a little bit of a following its giving me to motivation to want to continue, so I'm very thankful for that!

7. What is your favourite food?

That's a tricky one. I'd say pasta meals or risotto's are probably my favourite in terms of meals. Just for little snacks I love sweets!

8. Fashion or Beauty?

Very difficult one! I study fashion, and before blogging I probably would have said fashion but I'm gaining a lot more interest in beauty since blogging, and starting to feel like I'd rather spend my money on make up than clothes at the moment..but saying that I love buying clothes too. I really don't know.. can I say both?

9. Describe your personality in 4 words?

silly, loving, fun and shy (around new people).

10. What pet would you have and why?

Well I have two dogs and I love them alot! I'm definitely a dog person and prefer big dogs.. my dream dog to own would be a St. Bernard. But if I was to say a completely different pet to what I have I'd love a bunny!

11. What's your favourite thing to indulge on?

I have to say Pick n Mix sweets, they're the best!


The bloggers I have nominated are: 

behind-clothes-doors
whyisitalwaysannie
youremyfavouriteflavour
carriebrighton

My questions to my nominees:

1. If you could only use one item of make up for the rest of your life what would you choose?

2. What is your favourite season of the year?

3. Why did you start blogging?

4. What is your favourite high street shop?

5. What is your favourite make up brand?

6. Cats or dogs?

7. What are your wardrobe staples?

8. What is your dream job?

9. What is your favourite nail polish?

10. If you could only eat one food what would you choose?

11. What are your goals in life?



Thanks again to Jenny over at Krystel Ice for the nomination, I enjoyed doing this and hopefully my nominees will do the same!

Emily x

32 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the nomination- I will definitely do this over the weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem, let me know when you've posted it :)

      i look forward to seeing your response!

      xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much! I am having a go at this now, will hopefully post tomorrow :)
    Carrie
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's okay! look forward to seeing the post :)

      xx

      Delete
    2. Just posted, thank you so much for the nomination :)
      xxxx

      Delete
  3. congrats on your nomination! loved reading it :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, real techniques brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice :) congratulations!!

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the award! :) I can't believe you don't like hot drinks- I love tea and hot chocolate too much!

    I love dogs so much too- and I've owned rabbits pretty much my entire life except at the moment I only have one dog :) St. Bernard's are so pretty but wow, they get so big and are a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou :)

      yeah they are so big but I'd love a huge dog haha

      xx

      Delete
  6. Massive congrats on the award, I always find these really interesting to read =) I would totally love a St. Bernard too! Did you see the film Beethoven when you were younger? Always made me want one!

    Thanks so much for stopping by and following me =) Following you back lovely.

    catrionamacleod.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!

      aw yeah I forgot about that film, I'll have to watch it again soon :)

      no problem, thank you very much xx

      Delete
  7. cool post!
    New York is amazing! I'm sure you'll love it if you ever get the chance to go!
    I would love to follow each other! I have GFC, Google+ and Bloglovin'. Let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I'd love to go!

      We can follow each other via gfc :) what is your blog ?

      xx

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much for the nomination! :) Nice to know more about you. I'm really glad I'm not the only one who hates plugs switched on when there's nothing plugged in. I'm always switching them off at home and work and people look at me weirdly, thank god I'm not alone, haha.

    http://www.youremyfavouriteflavour.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem, let me know if you do the post I'd love to find out more about you too :)

      and yeah I don't know what it is that annoys me about it but I have to switch them off too haha!

      xx

      Delete
  9. I was nominated the other day :) well one xx

    check out my cath kidston giveaway 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. well done for your nomination too, i will head over to your blog and read your post :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved reading your answers :) we have a lot in common and I also have small feet haha x

    http://krystelcouture.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Following you hun x

    check out my cath kidston giveaway 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Within my search for great blogs to follow, I came across yours and I thought I would let you know I like it. So I will become member to keep up to date with recent posts. I am slowing building my blog members, and I was hoping you could come follow mine. Please

    Charlie Rose. http://charlotte-lauren.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you ! :)

      I am already following you, love your blog!

      xx

      Delete
  14. loved reading your answers! :)
    New follower, hope you're having a great day!
    Juliet
    www.apurplesky.blogspot.com
    please visit my blog sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much, I will check it out now! :)

      xx

      Delete
  15. Congrats on your award!

    Nice blog, i'm a new follower :)

    Kimberley x

    http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. congratulations :) love your blog, your cath kidston background is beautiful! I'd love to follow each other xxx
    handpickedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. thankyou :) isn't it just, I love cath kidston patterns!

    thank you very much for following, of course I'll follow back :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. The world appreciates the writings that include the knowledge and information about everyday science. I like your style and promise to come again and again to increase my skills and knowledge.
    wholesale womens trousers distributor

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like your blogs because they hold all the required information about Clothing and Fashion I want about the topics of my interest. Please continue with the same pace and style to enlighten the minds.
    womens fashion wholesalers uk

    ReplyDelete